Terms & Conditions
Download the Terms & Conditions
- The services provided by Image Diagnostic Technology Ltd (hereafter IDT Scans) are for the purpose of assisting the Dentist or Surgeon in diagnosis and pre-surgical treatment planning. IDT Scans is not providing and is not responsible for providing any interpretation of images or physician services such as diagnosis, treatment, or treatment planning.
- IDT Scans endeavours to provide the highest quality results, however, IDT Scans will accept no liability arising from incorrect or incomplete information on booking forms, or inadequate or inappropriate patient preparation, which may compromise the value of the results. If in doubt, please discuss the case with us prior to the scan.
- IDT Scans endeavours to despatch the results to the referring dentist/surgeon as soon as possible, however, staff absences, equipment malfunction, or pressure of other work may introduce delays. IDT Scans reserves the right not to accept referrals in such cases. IDT Scans must be notified 24 hours in advance if an Express Service is required.
- IDT Scans will accept no liability for consequential losses arising from delays, whether because of non-receipt of a Booking Form, non-receipt of payment, or for any other reason. IDT Scans recommends that you do not schedule an appointment to discuss the results with your patient until you have received the results from us.
- IDT Scans will accept no liability for consequential losses arising from incorrect or inappropriate software installed on your computer system, or from human error in using that software.
- Under current radiation protection regulations (e.g. IR(ME)R 2000 in the UK and SI 478 of 2002 in Ireland), CT or CBCT scans can only be requested by authorised Referrers/Prescribers. Please log in to our website and Register as a Prescriber before requesting a new CT or CBCT scan online.
- Every CT or CBCT scan must be clinically justified. If you are requesting a new CT or CBCT scan, you must state the clinical reasons why it is required.
- Every CT or CBCT examination must be evaluated and the findings recorded in the patient’s notes. If you are requesting a new CT or CBCT scan, you must state who will be carrying out this evaluation.
- If you request a new CT or CBCT scan through IDT Scans, a single fee covers both the cost of the scan and the reformatting work. This fee must be received by IDT Scans prior to the date of the CT or CBCT scan. After the fee has been received, IDT Scans will make the necessary arrangements for the scan to take place and the images to be prepared and sent to you.
- If you prefer to book a new CT or CBCT scan directly with the scanning site, you must make the necessary arrangements yourself. If you book directly with the scanning site, IDT Scans will take no responsibility for the quality of the images, the fee charged by the scanning site, the availability of suitable appointments, or any delay in receiving the results, regardless of whether the scanning site is listed on our website or not.